Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Annoying Friend at Movies. What should I do?

Oh my god, that sort of thing drives me nuts. It's like if you want to play Ebert, do it with your other film friends. I always feel like they're talking just to show off, but maybe that's just me lol. I'm probably much the same, after I;ve seena movie, I usually don't want to talk about ir right away (unless it was super funny and I feel the need to start quoting immediately, lol) This is kind of a tough situation because if you cut him off or tell him you don't want to hear it, you risk making him feel like you don't care about his interests, which isn't a good thing. When he's going off about a movie, try changing the subject. Like as he's complaining about a movie you liked, simply say "Well, I liked it. (insert subject change here)" Don't give him the opportunity to ramble on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment